2. From 2 July 2014, the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal data.The NTU Alumni Club collects, uses, discloses and/or processes your personal data so as to process, administer and/or manage your relationship with us as a member of NTU Alumni Club. Your personal data privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your personal data that we may possess.
3. If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
4. If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share the necessary data with other affiliated Clubs and partners, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-relevant entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific membership services.
5. For your convenience, we may also display to you data which you had previously submitted. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please submit them to us. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of membership services to you.
6. At NTU Alumni Club, members’ personal information are collected, used and disclosed for the following purposes:
a) To maintain relations with its members.
b) To create awareness and promote club purposes as stated in the Constitution.
c) To study and understand the profile of its members.
d) To involve members in NTU Alumni Club’s continual development and progress through participation in events and meetings.
7. NTU Alumni Club will seek prior consent of its members in question should there be a need to use or disclose their personal data for purposes not included in the list of purposes stated above.
8. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
9. Our mechanisms and processes are in place to receive and address complaints or enquiries about our policies and procedures relating to the handling of personal data. Appropriate measures will be taken to amend policies and procedures if a complaint is found to be justified.
11. This site may contain links to other sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy notices of those sites.
Thank you for examining our privacy statement.